OptoTEC™ MBX Series
The MBX Series of micro thermoelectric coolers support high-temperature applications with compact geometric space constraints. MBX delivers precise temperature stabilization under changing environmental conditions.
OptoTEC™ MBX Introduction
The MBX Series offers micro footprints as small as 1.6 x 1.6mm with thicknesses down to 0.9mm. The packing fraction for thermoelectric materials enables high heat pumping densities up to 27 W/cm2 at lower operating currents than traditional thermoelectric coolers.
The compact MBX Series is designed for use in
- Next-generation LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles
- Pluggable optical transceivers for telecom
- Indium Phosphide VCSELs used in various high-performance applications
The applications for this product series tend to be highly customized requiring unique ceramic substrate materials and thicknesses.
Two solder constructions are available to accommodate reflow temperatures up to 230°C or 280ºC. MBX is offered in Au-plated pads or wire bondable posts.
Special finishing options are available to incorporate:
- Au-plated patterns on ceramic substrates
- Pre-tinning of metalized surfaces
- Attachment of thermistors